Join Lux Magi and business partner, Trisotech, to discover how Decision Management addresses the key risks of regulatory compliance. This webinar outlined the practical difficulties of supporting mandatory regulatory compliance in finance IT systems and described how a key technique of Business Decision Management—Decision Modelling—can overcome these challenges. The benefits of using the Decision Model and Notation (DMN) were also presented. (more…)
Ahead of the publication of our joint book on Decision Modeling, to be released later this year, James Taylor and I have made a series of video shorts about business decision modeling. In this last video, James and I talk about real benefits that decision modeling using DMN delivered to our clients on some recent engagements. Specifically we discuss how the use of decision modeling:
- Speeds up business rule and data requirements discovery, quickly identifying wrong assumptions and mistakes
- Adds effective communication and consistency between teams and across projects
- Improved business subject matter experts, analyst, developer and program manager engagement and ownership
- Managing size, complexity and rapid change in business requirements
- Improves the definition of the automation boundary
- Gave better tracability between internal decision definitions and external regulations
Let us know what you think. Review the first, second, third, fourth and fifth posts of this series. Find out more about decision modeling and its benefits. Talk to us about decision modeling mentoring and training.
We cordially invite you to join us in Amersfoort, the Netherlands, for a workshop on how Decision Modeling can optimise your organisation’s management of its most fundamental and valuable asset: the business logic that controls the thousands of automated business decisions it makes every day. We will present case studies, based on real projects, that demonstrate the practical benefits of applying TDM and DMN to the management of business logic at an enterprise scale.
Click here now to find our more details and register for this free workshop in Amersfoort on Wednesday 28th January 2015 from 9am to 4pm. During this workshop you: will learn how The Decision Model (TDM), fortified by elements of the DMN, can be used to structure, manage and optimise your business logic; experience a walk-through of a real decision model and understand the benefits decision management brings at the enterprise scale. (more…)